Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Keith and I spitting ways

Two days combined onto one...

Keith and I left the hot springs around noon. We decided to take another dip before we left. That would require us to ride a little later but it was worth it. We headed down toward Muncho Lake which is a breath taking ride up some 3500 foot mountains. The view is spectacular from up the providing us with a hundred miles view in any direction. That was short lived when we descended and from then on it consisted of rolling countryside.








































We decided to press on for Dawson Creek, the beginning of the Alaska Highway. We needed the one last picture to complete the trip. Of course it rained again on and off, pretty heavy at times. The sun started going down, which is something we weren't use too anymore and we found ourselves riding at night.




This is a bad picture of the moon
We saw quite a few black bear along the ride. A couple cubs also








Our lights were covered with mud from the previous 1500 miles of dirt road, so we pulled off and started cleaning them off with baby wipes. A truck pulled up and blew the air horn at us....we didnt know what to think until we saw who it was. It was Dave, one of the truckers we met in the hot springs the night before. We chatted briefly then continued on.



Upon reaching Dawson, we were pretty tired. W had traveled almost 500 miles and decided on getting a motel. We took the second one we inquired about which was a total dump, but kept us dry from the rain that continued all night. Once we got used to the stench inside we drifted off to a comfortable sleep.








In the morning, I woke up early, packed up and said good bye to my 6000 mile riding buddy. I rode over to get a cup of coffee at Tim Hortens, and waited in line to get my picture in front of the sign. There were about 40 senior citizens caravanning together that had all the time in the world. They took about a half hour getting they're picture, then offered to take mine for me.





So here is the official last picture I rode up for!



Keith and I split ways and I rode all the way to Calgary. Camped at a rest area...a thing the US should get into....camping spots at rest areas. I decided to change my rear tire back to my road tire which ended to being a big mistake!



No comments:

Post a Comment