Friday, May 13, 2011

Charlotte to the Arctic

I awoke to a gorgeous view all around me. Te cows were mooing from a nearby farm and a deer grazed less than a hundred yards in front of me.




















I packed up, ate and headed out. I passed a heard of bison grazing in the field.




















I stopped by a car wash and cleaned up the mud off my engine. With everything put back together, I headed for my next stop in Sheridan Wyoming. My former boss retired there and I thought it would be nice to stop in and say hi. I visited for a while then took the 4 wheeler and rode up the bluff for a great view
























Then on to the Beartooth Pass. Supposedly one of the most ridden roads ion the US by motorcycle. I haven't started it yet but look forward to the great ride.
I found a nice little campground by a stream, and have the whole end all to myself.





I have all my things drying out from the little "incident" yesterday




Tomorrow I meet up with Keith and together we will cross the boarder into a whole nother world

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the posts and pictures! The bison are awesome. Rob Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracking right along... great pics, keep em coming. Nice bailing skills! Hopefully you wont have to go through that again. Glad to see the beamer and gear is holding up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, this is awesome. keep riding safe and enjoy every moment out on the road. Duke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John
    Uncle Geprge here. Watching and enjoying your trip. Looks like you ran into some bad weather.
    Be careful when it rains, I got hydroplaned one time. I am happy now that from now on there will be two of you on the road.

    May God go with you on the Road. U. George

    ReplyDelete