Friday, May 20, 2011

Almost there

One day away and I'm just about ready! I got my fuel tank plumbed into my main tank by installing a couple AN fittings to the access panel of my main tank, and one to the bottom of the aux tank. It was a one shot step...if it didn't work, then I would have a hole in my tank. It worked! The transfer is very slow, but I believe it's because the shut off valve I used is very small, and won't let the volume of gas thorough. I will try another kind of valve tomorrow and see if it works. If the aux tank was higher, gravity would aid a little better also.








If you look at the picture above, you will see a white round piece to the right of center. Above that piece is a smaller white dot. That is the hole I drilled in the access panel for the Bulkhead fitting. Below you will see the fitting attached. Both sides have not leaked for the past few hours....good!














It looks messy when the fuel tank is off, but didn't take long to put back together.

My new tire came in today and I will amount that tomorrow and finish up a couple of last minute items, then start packing up. There is a big pile of "stuff" that is supposed to go, we'll see what actually makes it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment